Sunday, March 29, 2009

More on Syd Hoff...


Soon after my post on the first book I ever read, Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff, I received this e-mail from Carol Edmonston, Syd Hoff's niece:

"I thought you might like to know I have created the "official website" dedicated to preserving and honoring the legacy of my late uncle, Syd Hoff, one of the most beloved children's authors and cartoonists. www.SydHoff.org is filled with articles, photos, letters, book list and much more. The site is still being created so do check back from time to time. Let me know if you ever find a copy of "Muscles and Brains" (by Syd). That was one of my favorite books to read as a kid. Unfortunately, its long out of print.
Warmly,
Carol Edmonston
PO Box 5023
Fullerton, CA 92838 USA
(714) 870-5695 ph/fax"

I didn't realize Hoff had written so many books! The only ones I remember from my childhood are Danny & the Dinosaur and Sammy the Seal; more recently I've read many more of them, and they are all delightful! There's a full bibliography on the website -- and some are out of print. Many are still being published as part of the "I Can Read" series.



No comments: